After the login you’ll see this page, do not care about the content of the entry page watch at the menu on top:
- Upload Doc: to go to the page where you can upload documents.
- Show downloads: to go to the page that shows all the documents available in the drive of all SNSI Offices.
- View Download Page : to go to the page as it appears to Instructors and Dive center.
- Before proceeding is important to understand how the infrastructure works: we created different google drive account, one for each office; the format of the account is as follow:
- email@example.com for korean
- firstname.lastname@example.org for Japan
- email@example.com for Latin America
- and so on….
this means that each regional center has a free drive space of 15GB to upload the training material, if this space is well managed it’s more than enough for the purpose we need; anyway if an office require more space is it possible to enlarge the drive at Google Drive costs.
- When any office upload something trough the “Upload Doc” page some informations are required, one of the information required is if the document uploaded has to be visible in the Members download page or not.
- All the uploaded documents from all the offices are visible in the “Show downloads” page which is visible only for Offices. This way we can exchange files easily and in case any office need any document it can be found in that page.
To see the list of all material in all the drives click on “Show Downloads”:
For the show Downloads function watch the tutorial linked on the Regional Center Hompage.
How to upload document in the Drive
- Open the Upload Doc Page:
- You need to connect MySNSI to the Drive: to do that click on “Connect Me” and the system open this page for you. Here you have to insert login details for your drive. (login details are provided separately to each office by the headquarter).
- ATTENTION. If you are logged in to any google account please use a different browser for this task or logout before click on “Connect Me”.The first time you login or each time you use a new computer to login for the first time you need to be in touch with Headquarter as it will receive a security code from google, you need to insert that security code when asked. This step is required only the first time you connect the system using a new computer.
Once connected you will be redirected to the Upload Doc page that will have a different view:
Now you can go to see what you have done in the Show downloads page as we selected Lesson Presentation for category and Spanish as language we can filter the page using both filter:
Check how it appear for members.
If you keep the panels open it’s easy to pass from one to another but you must remember to refresh the page to be able to see the change you have done.
The upload was for test and we have now 2 Nitrox diver presentation in the download page, so let’s go to delete the one just uploaded now.
CONSIDERATION ABOUT FILES DIMENSION
PDF Files: be careful to upload files in the right dimension for Web, it is a waste of space if you upload big PDF files when the purpose of the Download page for members is to have digital material.
Acrobat software allow to save PDF at reduced dimension for Web. Please reduce the file before upload. If you do not do it the 15GB free space of the drive will be not enough and you’ll have to pay for the extra space. In case you need support on how to reduce PDF file dimension please do not hesitate to ask.
We hope you like this system for any question please do not hesitate to ask, we are here to help you!